2006/03/29

The Life Example of S'pore Education

To all folks out there....I am utterly disturbed and depressed over the fact that I might not be able to do my honours. I have just emailed my scholarship officer and she has strongly replied that I should reconsider my decision to pursue my honours. ( note here, that she has not rejected my offer, just that she has advised me not to, she will monitor my grades this final semester and validate).

N why has she advised me not to do my honours? BEcause MOE rationale is: if you do not maintain a CAP of 3.5, unlikely that you will be able to handle the honours years. How come...there are many factors to why people do not get the CAP of 3.5. To cut the long story short, they are merely generalizing..

I need the 2nd Chance, to prove to them wrong!!! I am able to do honours, and handle my honours year!!!!!

Why am I kicking up such a fuss? Because, like a true-blue SIngaporean, I am so pratical ( thinking that by getting the CERT...not just a degree is the KEY to success in life). Obviously this mentality is not always true!!!! Like many Singaporeans, I like to stereotype and assume that those with honours are smarter than those who do not have honours cert!!!

WOe is me...I had not been focused during my UNIVERSITY life..thinking that life is a breeze!!!! the HARD facts of life has gotten on me...and now, I have no idea what will lie ahead of me...

Now I feel like a total loser, a loser who has failed in my studies...will I just stand back and see all my friends graduate with an honours??? We shall see!!!

I refuse to just graduate this semester and go without my honours!!! I shall fight for what I think I ought to have!!!! I just can't accept failure!!! (especially studies)..

I am just the epitome of many SIngaporeans who have gone thru the SIngapore education system...( one who thinks that the CERT is everything..everything else, cast aside).....

Mumu

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i do understand where you are coming from...but i guess sometime that is the way life goes. But again, life kinda of reset itself every now and then and everyone get a shot at it again. It is like say from poly to uni, everyone play on a level field again. Upon grad, some may be honours while others are not but when once you get a job, the playing field kinda of get levelled again. How good you are at one stage aid your progress in another stage but by no means determine your future. So hang on and believe in yourself!

Mumu jia you!

Anonymous said...

hi Mumu.....

i guess really, many ppl's perception is to get at least honours degree or whatever, and they're smarter or whatever, BUT its not true, really..... smart ppl dun really need certs to certify they're smart hehe.......

moreover, now you're your own boss with the 3 of them.... this is what most other students in uni havent achieve oh..........

dun feel depressed liao ok? just do your best in the exams and live life to the fullest! hehehe.........


Sotong

Anonymous said...

Mumu... dun be upset okie?
I can say that life is always fair. U win some u lose some... but most importantly, u need to know deep inside u whether u have tried your best. If u had tried your best and didnt get it, then at least u have not let yourself and everyone else who is concerned about u down... if not...why?

 
Feedback Form
Feedback Analytics