2005/12/07

One week more... (The philosopher stoned)

As the day to the opening draws nearer, I sense the impending danger, the dark clouds of gloom are looming over my head. Somehow I just can't imagine this place filled with people...

looking at the place again, feelings surges up my ass.

We have been pratically loitering around the five foot way of circular rd everyday, people have been wondering and I caught them bitching about why these young folks keep pacing up and down, could they be doing some sort of illicit activities.

To be very frank, patience wore some of the folks thin.

1.the coffeeshop uncle, in a bid to check out what we were up to, offered to deliver drinks up to our store.

2. the nasi padang store kids were so curious that they sneaked up and peeked at what we were doing.

3. even more neighbours were gathering infront of our signage, discussing and bitching about whatever...

well, they have all their rights to be curious.

I was thinking to myself again, I don't recall seeing many bosses of the pubs down at the site everyday. Am I being too free? why am I always at the shop bringing things from Ikea, sending them for refund and buying back their stuffs again?

like one of the many Ikea quotes 'the fact that you do certain things yourself, help bring prices low!' Well, no money what to do? In fact, we had to even peel the carpet of the floor from the previous tenant by ourselves in the hope of slashing down some of the renovation costs.

only to realise that the contractor could do it for us free.

Dunno leh, dunno whether if we are doing the right things at all man... thank God that I am a student, have all the time in the world after exams. I and Mumu find ourselves in the shop everyday from 9 to 9, when we are back home just feel so stoned that we don't feel like doing anything at all.

well, I hope all these contribute to our 'success'. (you know how those successful businessmen always claim that they had sleepless nights, waited hours outside the client's doorstep and so on and so forth.

Dunno leh, my thoughts are just as fragmented as this post now. So many things in my head, so many things to do, so little time. I really dunno if it is worth the effort.

tell me man, tell me people, tell me is it worth it?

No comments:

 
Feedback Form
Feedback Analytics