2006/01/08

Meeting expectations

I was back in the Pitstop cafe on Friday night after work since the next day i am not working anyway. The first thing when i met timo was that he was so piss off...complaining to me about what happened. I can sympathise with him, but after reading his comments, i do feel differently though...

Yeah so place, prices are expensive but then again I don't think that price was really the issue here. Most of the gathering with my ex classmates usually ended up in a kopi session at high ended places too. Even before starting the cafe, most of the discussion was held at these cafes at Bugis. So the underlying "piss off" i believe was actually the issue of meeting expectations. You expect certain things but somehow things don't go as expected (no free Wifi), so the result is "piss off".

When i gave this abit of thoughts, actually meeting expectations is always a tough thing to do. At work, there are expectations to be met. There are expectations from family members, personal expectations, etc. And in the context of Pitstop Cafe, there are expectation from customers. For some, our place is not as glam as others so they do not want to be caught dead in Pitstop having cheaper coffee. There are others who came and expect gaming to be free, even though they willing pay for it at other places. Some expect discounts cos we are friends while other believe business is business. Hence price is not really the issue, rather is meeting the expectation for everyone that step into the cafe.

Juggling expectations is certainly a tough job!

On a side note, there are people who would not go to crowded places like orchard road because you likely to end up been molested by foreign workers, but at the same time they would go to crowded club. Perhaps you don't get molested in the "glamer" places? I do not know but everyone has double standards, different expectations and perceptions. Ok i think i should not use the word "everyone" cos not everyone is as "small heart eye" as me. So ya i do have double standards in terms of my expectations of myself, others, etc and as well as how I percieve things in different situations...

From individual minor issues, relationship problems to world crisis, don't you think the fundamental of all these issues are cause by perceptions and diferent expectations???

Ya i know i am getting nagging and boring, but i don't usually make an entry so let me have my way will you? I expect that!

Kitchen Helper

No comments:

 
Feedback Form
Feedback Analytics